Northwest Arctic Borough & Maniilaq Association
- All residents cease all non-essential travel. Borough residents currently outside Alaska are encouraged to return home now and follow CDC guidelines, including self-isolating for 14 days.
- We urge businesses in the region to restrict village-to-village, in-state-travel, and out-of-sate travel except in the cases of emergencies. Any employee traveling from out-of-state is expected to self-isolate for 14 days after arrival in Alaska.
- Please limit travel to medical emergencies only
- Anyone returning home from another city that is known to have coronavirus, the city of Ambler would like you to voluntarily self-quarantine for 14 days. This travel advisor will stay in effect until further notice
- Please limit all travel to other villages to protect our community as well as theirs.
- If sock or coming back from another city, please quarantine yourself for a total of 14 days in an isolated room in your house.
- Call the City office (907-494-2121) for approval if you don’t have a Buckland IRA ID
- If you have an ID from the Buckland tribe, you can proceed to book and travel
- Buckland has a ban of non-residents
Anyone that is a non-resident is banned from flying and/or traveling in and out of Buckland for 30 days.
- Non-essential travel is prohibited
- Mandatory 14-day quarantine
- Quarantine Task Force to meet the plane
- People traveling by snow machine, ATV or boat are required to quarantine
- Will require permission from Mayor Alvin Iyatunguk, Sr. before entering the village.
- Restricting travel to Kiana to residents only, except for essential services.
- Provide proof of residency, via state ID or tribal card to airlines
- Must abide by Maniilaq Association’s mandate to self-isolate & self-quarantine for a period of 14 days.
- Restricting inter-village travel from nearby villages through snow machine or any means
- Practice social distancing
- If sick, remain home and call 1-833-442-7015 if you think you are infected
- Anyone who is coming in from out of the State of Alaska is prohibited from entering the community for 30 days and must be clear of a cough, cold and fever before coming into the community of Kivalina thereafter.
- Only essential personnel, such as Maniilaq medical personnel and essential personnel such as GCI, OTZ, AVEC, once cleared medically, may enter the village of Kivalina indefinitely, until further notice.
- All tribal members returning home from Anchorage and/or out of the State of Alaska must self-quarantine themselves for 14-days upon approval. If you have a cough, cold and/or a fever, please confine yourself to your room for 14 days.
- If you must travel, we ask that you contact the Kivalina IRA Office with dates of travel and reason for travel. Upon returning, if coming in from outside the region, you must self-quarantine for 14 days.
Per Native Village of Kobuk and City of Kobuk joint notice dated 3/18/2020.
- All travel suspended for the village of Kobuk for 14-days
- Individuals who have traveled into the City from any other city (both in and outside Alaska) are mandated to quarantine in their homes for a period of 14-days.
- Residents shall follow all health mandates issued by Governor Dunleavy, the Alaska Department of Health and Human Services (DHSS) and the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC).
- All entities should advise their out-of-town contractors and business partners that travel to/from the City is strongly discouraged and should not be done for the next three weeks.
- Effective Friday, March 27, 2020, travelers in Kotzebue by air or otherwise shall self-quarantine for fourteen (14) days and monitor for illness following the procedures set out in the State of Alaska COVID-19 Health Mandate 10.1 issued on March 23, 2020.
Effective May 01, 2020 through May 31, 2020
Travelers returning back to Noatak needs to quarantine at home for 14 days
Per City of Noorvik, Noorvik Elder’s Council and Noorvik Native Community notice dated 3/21/2020.
- Call Maniilaq PHN at 907-442-7144 within 24 hours of arriving into the region to report you are a recent out-of-region traveler who has come into the region.
- Upon return to the village, self-quarantine for a minimum of 17 days.
- If you choose to leave for non-emergency reason, except for scheduled work, you will not be allowed to return for two (2) weeks. Proof of COVID-19 pre-screening documents by the airlines is required.
- No inter-village travel is permitted. Respect also the health of our nearby villages and relatives.
- All non-residents wishing to travel into the village must request permission from the City of Noorvik Mayor at 636-2100 and the Chair/President at 907-636-2144 before travel.
- Travel to/from the village should be restricted to medical travel only.
- Travel is permitted for cancer patients and/or serious medical issues
- All other travel is discouraged
- The movement of goods and products will continue
- Travelers coming from out of state/country should voluntarily self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Restricted travel for non-tribal/community members for the next 14 days.
- No inter-village travel. In effect till 5/20/20