Northwest Arctic Borough & Maniilaq Association
- All residents cease all non-essential travel. Borough residents currently outside Alaska are encouraged to return home now and follow CDC guidelines, including self-isolating for 14 days.
- We urge businesses in the region to restrict village-to-village, in-state-travel, and out-of-sate travel except in the cases of emergencies. Any employee traveling from out-of-state is expected to self-isolate for 14 days after arrival in Alaska.
- The City of Ambler council prohibits ALL community members from traveling by air, land and water into Ambler, Alaska; and is requesting the airlines to stop all incoming and outgoing passenger travel into the community
Only incoming and outgoing medical passenger travel will be allowed.
- Essential workers may fly in ONLY for emergency services.
- A COVID-19 test verification form is required in order to return to the community The City of Ambler Council mandate All approved incoming travelers are required to quarantine themselves and their entire household for fourteen (14) days; and are required to post a quarantine verified notice on entrance of house.
- Anyone entering Buckland from outside the community must answer a travel questionnaire and submit to a COVID-19 rapid test ( as supplies allow)
- All quarantines must be coordinated with City of Buckland Mayor Tim Gavin.
- Non-essential travel is prohibited
- Mandatory 14-day quarantine
- Quarantine Task Force to meet the plane
- People traveling by snow machine, ATV or boat are required to quarantine
- Effective: May 18th– Until further notice
- Travel into Kiana is restricted; If not non-essential travel, Anyone wanting to travel to Kiana must provide proof of residency via State ID or tribal card to the local airlines.
- All persons traveling to Kiana are required to complete the Travel Declaration and take a COVID-19 Rapid Test (administered by the Maniilaq Health Center) prior to arrival in Kiana
- Effective: August 2020
- Essential travel only. i.e. Essential worker, Medical reasons, Subsistence, Food security.
- ALL OTHER TRAVEL PROHIBITED.
- All travelers must get COVID-19 test and provide results to the Kivalina IRA Office prior to arrival, Send results to email@example.com
- Travel is permitted for cancer patients or with serious medical conditions only.
- Upon return to the village, self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days. This includes ALL
- It is mandated that you take the test @ Alaska Airlines or Bering Air prior to traveling to Kobuk.
Traveler’s returning back to Noatak needs to self-quarantine at home for 14 days.
Medical travel allowed only by the health care providers. Only essential personnel, such as Maniilaq medical
personnel and essential personnel such as GCI, OTZ, AVEC.
No inter village travel.
It is mandatory for all incoming person(s) to get tested before arriving Noatak.
- Call Maniilaq PHN at 907-442-7144 within 24 hours of arriving into the region to report you are a recent out-of-region traveler who has come into the region.
- Upon return to the village, self-quarantine for a minimum of 17 days.
- If you choose to leave for non-emergency reason, except for scheduled work, you will not be allowed to return for two (2) weeks. Proof of COVID-19 pre-screening documents by the airlines is required.
- No inter-village travel is permitted. Respect also the health of our nearby villages and relatives.
- All non-residents wishing to travel into the village must request permission from the City of Noorvik Mayor at 636-2100 and the Chair/President at 907-636-2144 before travel.
- ALL INTER VILLAGE TRAVEL IS RESTRICTED IN OR OUT for everyone. if you are a tribal member and you return home from another village for CRITICAL NEEDS you must schedule an appointment with the village clinic to get a rapid test done for COVID-19, for precautionary measures please call the clinic ahead of time to schedule an appointment.